The Importance of Drinking Water
The fact that the human body is made up of roughly 60% water, it is no surprise that everyone needs to be aware of how much and how often we’re drinking water. The recommended amount of water people should consume each day is about 13-1/2 cups (108 oz.). That sound like a lot, because it is! Many of us do not consume nearly enough water, but being aware of the health benefits of staying hydrated and always have access to clean drinking water can help you easily reach your daily goals.
Healthy Body = Hydrated Body
There are countless benefits of drinking water. A couple of the lesser known are: water’s ability to regulate body temperature; and water assisting in nutrient transportation. When you are low on water, your mind initiates the “thirst” desire – so, if your body says you are thirsty, listen to it!
Below are a few important health benefits of staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water:
- Weight Maintenance: Most weight loss plans encourage followers to drink plenty of water. Simply put, if you replace your sweetened soft drinks or high-calorie juice with water, you will be ingesting and having to process fewer calories. Another benefit of drinking water is that it will give the feeling of “being full” and helping to stop those cravings for food many of us struggle with.
- Radiance & Beauty: If your body is dehydrated, your skin, hair, and other parts may look dry, wrinkled, and lack vibrance. Skin’s elasticity depends on your body having enough water. While applying lotions may help in the short term, being sure you are getting enough fluids into your body will keep your skin healthy and smooth.
- Healthy Digestion & Bowel Movements: Inadequate hydration may cause constipation and other digestive problems. If you aren’t ingesting enough water, the colon could divert water from the stool in the digestive track, resulting in constipation. Eating a high fiber diet and drinking plenty of water should help keep your bowels functioning properly.
Conveniently Get Filtered Water, right from the Tap
Unfortunately, many homes in Nebraska and Iowa have water quality that may not be as pure tasting as it could be. Instead of buying cases of expensive water bottles, explore the many money-saving benefits of having a reverse osmosis (RO) drinking water system installed in your home. The most common and healthy way to be sure you’re drinking enough water daily is to conveniently grab a cup or water bottle and fill it from your tap. RO systems provide that refreshing beverage at the fraction of the cost of purchased water bottles.
How Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems Work
During the first stage of filtration of a reverse osmosis drinking water system, water moves along through a carbon block filter to remove most of the larger sediments and particles, while also reducing chlorine. Following the carbon block filtration, the water moves in through a semi-permeable membrane which will capture unwanted contaminants like chromium, lead, arsenic, nitrates, total dissolved solids (TDS), and fluoride to name just a few. Then the water is purified by another carbon filter to remove any remaining tastes or odor issues. Finally, the water travels to a storage tank so you have an ample supply of freshly filtered water ready to go whenever you need it.
Once considered only for commercial and industrial uses, these residential RO systems are convenient long-term drinking water solutions and can be simply installed underneath your kitchen sink so you can have clean, fresh drinking water right from your tap.
Our Evolve Series UltoWater® RO system is an affordable, practical solution if you are looking for an easy way to increase your families water consumption. These units are economical and bring healthy water right from your faucet with ease. Each UltroWater® RO system is “NSF/ANSI Standard 58 certified,” which means it has been proven to reduce impurities like arsenic, lead, copper and more.
Ensuring that You are Getting Enough Water
With a new reverse osmosis system professionally installed in your home, you will enjoy pure water coming right from your faucet. Here are a few things you can do to make sure you are drinking enough:
- Start by drinking two full glasses of water with every meal you eat. Drinking liquid assists digestion while hydrating your body and organs.
- Keep a reusable water bottle at home and when you’re on the go. Many stainless steel or plastic water bottles have the liquid capacity embossed or printed on them so you will can easily know how much water you have consumed and how much more you should drink to reach your goal.
- Many of the mobile phone fitness apps include logging water. Using these apps may help keep track of what you have consumed and assist developing a healthy, regular habit!
- After a long day, consider making a cup of herbal tea with clean, fresh filtered water before bedtime. Winding down after your busy day by relaxing with that tea is also a way to increase your fluids and help you stay hydrated until morning.
If you are interested in an effective, convenient way to get pure, clean drinking water right from your faucet at home, call our water expert team at Futuramic’s Clean Water Center at (402) 453-5730 for a free evaluation to see which system is the best for you.